A special event such as the 55th annual Super Bowl will require some out of the ordinary plant-based food preparation. If you will have your loved ones as guests for a Super Bowl watch party, they might be expecting some special meals. It is potentially tricky to discover festive and satisfying meals, but we will help you with that through this plant-based recipes list.
This crunchy and creamy snack is usually served with newly sliced veggies. You will need the following to make it.
- 3 big avocados without skins and pits
- 1/4 tiny white onion in finely chopped form
- 1/4 cup of new, chopped cilantro
- 1 small, finely chopped jalapeño
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped and roasted pepitas, and more pepitas for serving
- Tortilla chips to serve along with the meal
- 4 tablespoons of freshly prepared lime juice
- Newly powdered black pepper
- Kosher salt
In a round, deep dish, blend avocados, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, pepitas, and the juice. Use a fork to mash those up to the time they are blended and avocado reaches the desired consistency. Add pepper and salt to flavor the snack. Top it off with more pepitas, and then you may serve it with the chips.
Mini Portobello Burgers
These burgers can be a savory main course option. Anyhow, you might wish to prepare more of these; they are so spicy and tasty that your guests might devour one of them.
- 12 medium-sized portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon of ocean salt
- 2 zucchini
- 2 squash with a yellow flesh and yellow skin
- 2 tiny Italian eggplants
- 12 small brioche dinner rolls or buns
- 1½ tablespoon of sesame oil
- 9 ounces of Swiss cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Heat your grill pan or grill to medium to high temperature.
- Trim the mushroom stems. Slice the zucchini, squash and eggplant into rounds with 1/4-inch thickness. Use canola oil to brush your veggies, sprinkle these with salt, and then grill both sides of them for around 10 minutes apiece until they become soft and have grill marks.
- Move those to your baking sheet. Then, heat your broiler in the oven to a low temperature. Split the rolls, use the oil to brush their tops, and then sprinkle these with the seeds. Arrange the zucchini, squash, mushroom and eggplant on the lowest roll halves. Top every single one of those buns with the cheese before broiling until the dairy product melts. Top with the rest of the seeded roll tops, and then you may serve the dish hot.
Pineapple-Serrano Pico de Gallo
This is another flavorful plant-based recipe that comes here thanks to Anthony Lamas, who is a popular chef and restaurateur from Kentucky.
- 1 big pineapple
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- Juice made from 3 limes (around 1/3 cup)
- 2 serrano chili peppers
- 1/4 cup of red onion in finely chopped form
- 1/4 cup of cilantro in fresh and chopped form
- Tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon of ocean salt
- Heat your grill pan/grill to medium-high temperature, and then grill the fruit on the pan for 120 seconds per side until it becomes lightly charred. Refrigerate it up to the time it becomes chilled, that is, for 45 minutes or so.
- Take out the dice and rounds from the grilled pineapple. Use a medium-sized bowl to blend it with the other components except for the chips. Refrigerate that mixture for around 30 minutes to let its flavors join together, and then you can serve it with the chips.
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Just do not host a Super Bowl watch party with no Buffalo wings. These need not be chicken wings. Replace the dairy milk in the recipe with your preferred vegan milk, and utilize a ranch dressing having no dairy ingredient to dip the wings in it.
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cauliflower head that is cut into big florets
- Freshly powdered black pepper
- 1 cup of refined flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt
- Ranch dressing to serve the dish alongside
- Celery sticks as an optional serving ingredient
- 1 cup of hot sauce
- Preheat the microwave to 450°. Then, cover two big baking trays with bakery paper. Create batter by whisking flour, garlic powder and milk in a medium-sized bowl until these are blended. Add pepper and salt to the batter to season the food item, and then whisk the batter until it smoothens.
- Dredge the cauliflower in that batter up to the time the former is evenly covered with the latter. Remove excess batter before transferring it to your prepared baking trays. Bake up to the time that cauliflower becomes crispy and has golden color around the edges; this may take around 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare buffalo sauce. Whisk melted butter and hot sauce in a big bowl. Add the cauliflower wings that are in baked form to the sauce, and then you serve these with celery sticks and ranch dressing.